These roasted cashews are super cheap, easy and fast to make – you might even have the ingredients in the press already! The can be enjoyed on their own as a delicious crunchy snack or use them to add a burst of flavour and texture to salads, stir-fries, eggs any style or any dish you can think of – the possibilities are endless!
Let’s get to it!
- medium saucepan
- a large roasting tin
- baking parchment
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- 2 cups (approx 260g) of raw cashews
- 1 heaped tbsp (approx 20g) of butter (or coconut oil)
- ½ cup of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp of spicebag seasoning
- 4 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line the roasting tin with the baking parchment.
- Put the butter and honey in the saucepan and place on a medium heat until the butter melts.
- Remove from the heat and add in the spicebag seasoning and sesame seeds and stir through.
- Add the cashews and use the spatula to mix them through the honey mixture very well to coat.
- Pour the mixture into the lined roasting tin and use the spatula to spread out evenly.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes, then remove and mix the nuts around the tray to coat with the pools of caramelised honey mixture then spread them out again and leave to cool.
- Enjoy straight away or store for up to 1 month in an airtight container and use at your leisure!