Let me begin by saying you can use any chocolate you like in these brownies. I have tried & tested this recipe with a few of my faves and so far the Kinder chocolate wins out because I like the creaminess against the rich, gooey, fudgey-ness but yano – I’ll keep trying different ones in the name of research 😉
These brownies are rich, chocolatey, gooey, fudgey heaven and best of all, it’s an all-in-one-bowl method to keep the faff to a minimum.
One tip before I give you the goods – use the best quality cocoa powder and vanilla extract/paste you can – it really makes a difference to these and my recipe for Chocolate Fudge Cake too.
Now, here’s the good stuff 😀
- hand-held electric mixer – or strong arms and a good whisk
- 1 large mixing bowl
- spoon measures
- 20 cm x 25 cm (8 inch x 10 inch) baking tin/oven proof dish
- kitchen scales
- wooden spoon/silicon spatula
- baking paper/parchment (not grease-proof paper)
- wire cooling rack
- 180g butter – melted
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 180g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 65g cocoa powder (NEVER drinking chocolate)
- Roughly 250g of any chocolate you like chopped up (I used 10 medium kinder bars – that come in the packs of 5, not the tiny ones) with extra for scattering on top.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease (1/2 tsp of butter or oil) and line a baking tray/oven-proof dish with baking paper/ parchment.
- Place all the ingredients except the chocolate pieces into the mixing bowl & blend using the electric hand mixer until smooth and well combined.
- Add in the chocolate pieces, holding some back to scatter on top, and fold in using the wooden spoon/silicon spatula.
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tray/dish and spread out evenly.
- Scatter the remaining chocolate on top and place into the oven for 35/40 mins.
- There should be a very slight wobble in the centre when you take it out of the oven for a fudgy, slightly gooey consistency.
- Leave to cool for 15 mins in the tin on a wire rack, then lift out using the parchment.
- Cut to whatever size you like and enjoy!
Leave to cool completely before placing into a storage tin or sealed lunchbox where they will keep for up to 4 days.
I hope you enjoy these super-chocolatey brownies!
Don’t forget to tag @emmascottagekitchen if you make them 😉
Thanks for visiting my site,